Click to See :
This programme is designed for candidates who wish to obtain knowledge, skills and expertise in software engineering and will be able to apply them to analyse and solve problems in the industry. The programme will train graduates to produce creative, innovative ideas as well as develop critical thinking to advanced level of knowledge that will benefit the industry and the research community.
At the end of the program students are able to:
- Demonstrate a systematic comprehension and in-depth understanding of software engineering and mastery of skills and research methods related to the field of software engineering.
- Critically analyse, evaluate and synthesis new and complex ideas.
- Generate, design, implement, and adopt the integral part of the research process based on the software engineering theoretical framework.
- Contribute to original research that broadens the boundary of knowledge through an in-depth thesis, which has been presented and defended according to international standards including writing in internationally refereed publications.
- Communicate with peers, scholarly communities and society at large through the preparation, publication and presentation of technical material.
- Promote technological, social and cultural progress in a knowledge-based society in both academic and professional contexts.
- Demonstrate behavior that is consistent with codes of professional ethics, legal requirements and responsibility.
- Manage research project.
Mode of Study
The course is a mixed mode research programme supported by a few guided courses to help students obtain related skills and knowledge to facilitate their research. Students will be attached at the industry under a joint supervision between the University and the industry to better facilitate students’ research activities.
|Mode||Min Semester||Max Semester|
This program will be conducted at Advanced Informatics School (UTM AIS), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.
English language is the main medium for teaching & learning activities
Graduates of the programme would be able to work in advanced areas of Software Engineering such as Software Project Management, Technical Test Analysis and Software Process Engineering that require high research commitment.
All applications must be made online through School of Postgraduate Studies official website (www.sps.utm.my)
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact:
Tel: +603-2180 5213 / 5217 / 5275
Fax: +603-2180 5370