Click to See :
Computer Systems Engineering integrates few disciplines and specialty groups into a team effort forming a structured development process that proceeds from concept to production to operation. MSc. (Computer Systems Engineering) programme is the integration of systems engineering, software engineering and computer engineering knowledge. This programme will produce graduates who can work in a career related to the field of technology-driven and interdisciplinary or multi-technology in nature. They are able to design, develop and integrate between software and hardware that includes the embedded system equipped with security and software requirements.
At the end of the programme students are able to:
- Integrate and generate in-depth knowledge in the field of computer systems engineering into professional practices for resolving the current research issues in computer systems engineering.
- Evaluate, analyze, develop and verify the performance of a solution to the problems that include products, systems, processes and complex technology in terms of usability, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evaluate situations and respond appropriately toward discussion and communication among peers and other.
- Integrate the social skills, responsibilities, value, attitude and professionalisme in profession, organization and society
- Using the latest research techniques and compile and adapt to contemporary knowledge to acquire, interpret and develop knowledge in the field of Computer Systems Engineering.
- Display managerial and enterprising skills to prepare, publish and present technical material to diverse audience.
Mode of Study
The programme is offered in full-time and part-time mode. The courses will be taught in modular approach. The students are required to take 45 credits which comprises of 7 core courses (21 credits), 3 elective courses (9 credits), 1 university course (3 credits) and master project (12 credits). The students can select 3 elective courses from Computer Engineering or Software Engineering specialisation. The number of semesters for each mode is as follows:
|Mode||Min Semester||Max Semester|
This program will be conducted at Advanced Informatics School (UTM AIS), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.
English language is the main medium for teaching & learning activities.
Graduates of the programme can work as Solutions Architect, Computer Systems Engineer, Systems Integrator, Systems Analysts, Software Engineer, Systems Managers, Systems Consultants, Academicians and Researchers. The graduates are also eligible to pursue their study PhD level at local or abroad institution.
All applications must be made online through School of Postgraduate Studies official website (www.sps.utm.my).
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact:
Tel: +603-2180 5213 / 5217 / 5275
Fax: +603-2180 5370