Click to See :
Informatics is defined as the study and application of Information Technology in the arts and science across organizations and society at large. The term Informatics has been used to explain the Information Technology application and adoption in various work scope. The intervention of technology in organisation is significantly growing with various applications of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). Hence, to fulfill the high demand for skillful ICT human resource. Informatics is a platform for those with the ICT as well as non-ICT background to be further competent and proficient in various disciplines of informatics such as education informatics, business informatics, health informatics, social informatics, organizational informatics and etc.
At the end of the programme students are able to:
- Apply and integrate knowledge concerning current research issues in informatics and produce work that is at the forefront of developments in the domain of the programme of study.
- Evaluate and produce informatics-related solutions using scientific approach.
- Develop informatics solutions and use necessary practical tools to analyse their performance.
- Apply lifelong learning, manage existing research information and use existing research techniques to acquire, interpret and extend knowledge in related informatics area in order to manage problems including issues that are related to social responsibility.
- Communicate and function effectively in a group be it as a leader or member of the group.
- Prepare, publish and present technical material to a diverse audience applying ethical code of conduct and professionalism.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial and management skills.
Mode of Study
|Mode||Min Semester||Max Semester|
This program will be conducted at Advanced Informatics School (UTM AIS), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.
English language is the main medium for teaching & learning activities.
Graduates of the programme can work as Chief Information Officer, Information Architect, Business Architect, Information Systems Architect, Information Engineer, Business Informatics Specialist, Health Informatics Specialist, Educational Informatics Specialist, Social Informatics Specialist, Information Systems Engineer, Systems Analyst and Designer, Business Process Analyst, Requirements Engineer, IS Manager, Business and IT Consultant.
All applications must be made online through School of Postgraduate Studies official website (www.sps.utm.my)
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact:
Tel: +603-2180 5213 / 5217 / 5275
Fax: +603-2180 5370