Click to See :
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PROGRAM STRUCTURE
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING SYNOPSIS OF SUBJECTS
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING FEES AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Software Engineering Program Overview
This Software Engineering programme is designed to produce professional and dedicated software engineers who should lead in the development and maintenance of software projects based on International Standards. Our Software Engineering programme also aims to expose the software engineers with local industrial experiences in real software engineering practices and working environment.
Software Engineering Program Outcome
This programme is capable to produce students with the following software engineer’s capabilities :
- Incorporate/integrate and generate in-depth software engineering knowledge in professional practices for the benefit of software engineering disciplines.
- Apply existing techniques of research, construct and verify a set of activities to solve/explain software engineering problem.
- Evaluate situations and react and display toward discussion and communication among peers and others.
- Integrate Software Engineering professional ethics in profession, organisation and society.
- Organise and adapt contemporary knowledge independently and manage information effectively.
- Demonstrate or display managerial and enterprising skills.
Mode of Study
The Master of Software Engineering is a 45 credits coursework programme. Students are required to be involved in a Software Engineering project on top of taking up the core and elective subjects. The software engineering project includes a role-play teamwork exercise that applies the software engineering standards and practises acquired in class. To complete this programme, students have to undergo an industrial project to practice their software engineering knowledge, in the form of an Industrial Attachment in a preferred software company. They have to present this project and to produce a master report at the end of the programme.
|Mode||Min Semester||Max Semester|
This program will be conducted at Advanced Informatics School (UTM AIS), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Dedicated Software Engineering Lab is available to facilitate student in completing software engineering related assignments and projects.
An english language is will be the main medium used during teaching & learning activities
Software engineers, software project managers, systems analysts, system engineers, software quality engineers, software configuration managers, software architects, software process engineers, software test engineers, software maintainers, academics, researchers, software designers.
All applications must be made online through School of Postgraduate Studies official website (www.sps.utm.my)
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact:
Tel: +603-2180 5213 / 5217 / 5275
Fax: +603-2180 5370